I build a safer nation.
What will you build?
- Transitioning Veterans Union Pacific recognizes that members of the United States military are dedicated individuals who bring a unique set of experience and skills to our company. No matter where you served or what your specialty, there’s a place for you at Union Pacific.
- Supporting Our Military Since our inception in 1862, we’ve supported the military both in moving troops, supplies and equipment, and in hiring veterans. There is support at every level of our company all the way up to our Board of Directors.
- Veterans at UP Today, over 20 percent of our company’s employees have military experience, with some still active in the National Guard or Reserves. Meet a few of our veteran employees and hear why Union Pacific is a great fit for veterans.
- Military Recruiting Events Our recruiters regularly attend military career fairs throughout the country – a great opportunity to get information about career opportunities and talk about your future.
Military Skills Translator
Translate your military skills, experience and training to find UP career opportunities.
Connecting our Veterans UPVETS
UPVETS, our veteran employee resource group (ERG) was created to help attract, develop and retain veterans within our company. The group is open to all employees and gives military veterans a chance to connect with other employees throughout the system as they transition into the company and begin to navigate their careers.- As a member of UP Vets, you will have immediate access to a network of fellow service members who provide a constant source of camaraderie and mentorship.
Union Pacific proudly partners with military organizations throughout the country to connect with transitioning military personnel. We are frequently recognized for our commitment to hiring military veterans.
- Military-Friendly Employer (GI Jobs)
- Best for Vets Employer (Military Times EDGE)
- Hire our Heroes (US Chamber of Commerce)
- ESGR Freedom Award
Hiring Process/Application Advice
We encourage military personnel to apply at Union Pacific within three months of your separation date include your separation date or the day that you can start work on your application.
Applying at Union Pacific is very different from applying for a job with a military contractor. Please avoid using military acronyms or jargon. Write clearly and tailor your resume to the position for which you are applying. Highlight the training and experience you have that directly relates to the open position.
After you submit your application, you can check your status online. If you are invited to interview, your status will be updated to Invite to Hiring Session.
You might consider applying for more than one position. As the largest railroad in North America, we frequently have similar positions open all over the country.
Questions? Send an email to one of our military recruiters.