No matter how careful you might be on the road, accidents can still occur. Westpac can arrange reliable, competitive car insurance cover, so you and your loved ones can travel with confidence.
- Pay by the month at no extra cost^
- Choice of repairer
- Dedicated claims support 24/7.
This is the highest level of cover. It includes cover for accidental loss or damage, loss or damage caused by fire or theft and malicious damage, plus there is guarantee of materials and workmanship on authorised repairs for as long as you own or lease your car.
- Save up to 10% on your car insurance policy when you buy online**
- Get up to a 65% no claim bonus on your premium ** +
- Save money with a safe driver discount** +
– in addition to the no claim bonus discount for eligible drivers
Third Party Fire Theft Cover
This covers your insured vehicle for:
- Loss or damage caused by fire or theft, for your vehicle’s market value up to the maximum amount of $5,000
- Up to $5,000 for loss or damage to your vehicle arising from an accident caused by the driver of an uninsured vehicle including the cost of protection, removal and towing
- Reasonable towing costs following fire or theft
- Your legal liability up to $20 million for loss or damage to someone else’s property caused by a motor vehicle accident which is partly or fully the driver’s fault.
Third Party Property Damage
This covers your legal liability up to $20 million for loss or damage to someone else’s property caused by a motor vehicle accident which is partly or fully the driver’s fault. This cover also provides up to $5,000 for loss or damage to your vehicle arising from an accident caused by the driver of an uninsured vehicle including the cost of protection, removal and towing.
Full details about Westpac Motor Insurance, including important information about terms, conditions and exclusions, are set out in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) (PDF 150KB). You should read the PDS carefully before applying for this insurance.
Want to find out more?
Call 1800 502 077 as soon as possible
Take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss or damage from occurring
Don’t admit to anyone involved that you were at fault;
Write down the full names, addresses and phone number of all drivers, passengers and witnesses involved; and
Write down the vehicle registration numbers and insurance details of all vehicles involved and gather any other evidence or information to support your claim (such as medical certificates and reports).
Note: After an accident, it’s a good idea to note the name of the police officer and police station where you made the report, obtain the police event number and the details of those involved in the accident as they may be needed during the processing of any claim.
Need help with your claim?
Simply call 1800 502 077 anytime.
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
** Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts or entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one discount on your premium, the discount is applied in a predetermined order. Discounts on premiums are applied before stamp duty (where applicable in your State or Territory) or before any other taxes and government charges are applied. Any online discounts offered are applied to the insurer’s standard rates (excluding optional covers) and are for the first year’s premium only (unless stated otherwise). The Safe Driver discount is available for eligible drivers only. The online discount does not apply to Third Party Fire Theft and Third Party Property Damage policies.
+ No claim bonus discount amounts may vary from State to State.
Safe Driver Discount applies to new Comprehensive Westpac Motor Insurance policies only, and does not apply to Third Party Fire Theft and Third Party Property Damage policies. To be eligible for a safe driver discount:
- The rateable driver must be aged 30 years and over;
- The insured (owner) must have held a maximum no claim bonus for the last five consecutive years; and
- All other nominated drivers have had no at fault claims for the last five years.
## In these circumstances, a corresponding excess will apply if a claim is made for an accident when the relevant condition was not satisfied (e.g. an unnamed driver was driving the car where drivers are named on the policy).
Westpac Motor Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) (PDF 150KB). Call 1800 502 077 if you would like to understand more about our new car insurance product features.
* Any online discounts offered are applied to the insurer’s standard rates (excluding optional covers) and are for the first year’s premium only (unless stated otherwise).
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.