Two Wheeler Insurance and Bike Insurance
Talk to an expert
Talk to an expert
- Insure once and stay secured for upto 3 years
- Hassle-free claim settlement
- Quick and easy steps to purchase bike insurance online
- 24×7 service and claim support
- Zero Depreciation Cover available*
Buy Two Wheeler and Bike Insurance Online
Your two wheeler gives you a sense of freedom and our Bajaj Allianz two wheeler insurance policy has been designed to keep you secure. Our two wheeler package policy, now with options to cover your vehicle for up to 3 years, offers you additional key benefits, providing complete protection for your bike or scooter against physical damage, theft and third party liability.
Fastest Premium Calculator
Key Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance
- Buy / renew your two wheeler or your bike insurance online in easy steps.
- Transfer up to 50% of your existing No Claim Bonus from any bike insurance provider.
- Avail our 24×7 telephonic service for claims support and other assistance, even on holidays.
- Instant claims assistance and SMS updates on your claim status through our 24×7 call-centers.
- Bajaj Allianz provides you hassle-free inspection process thereby offering you a high service standard with two wheeler insurance
- Loss or damage to your two wheeler due to natural calamities: Your bike insurance policy covers fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide and rockslide.
- Loss or damage to your two wheeler against man-made calamities: Burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accident by external means, terrorist activity, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air is covered by two wheeler insurance.
- Personal Accident Cover: With bike insurance, get coverage of Rs.1 lakh for the individual owner/driver of the vehicle while driving or travelling and mounting or dismounting from the two wheeler. Optional personal accident covers for pillion riders / unnamed hirers are available with our two wheeler insurance.
- Third Party Legal Liability: Protection against legal liability due to accidental damages resulting in the permanent injury or death of a person, and damage caused to the surrounding property.
*Customers can also opt for 2 years long term policy.
- Normal wear and tear and general ageing of the vehicle.
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown.
- Vehicles being used otherwise than in accordance with limitations as to use.
- Damage to/by a person driving the vehicle without a valid license.
- Damage to/by a person driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs or liquor.
- Loss/damage due to war, mutiny or nuclear risk.
- Loss or damage to accessories by burglary, house breaking or theft unless the vehicle is stolen at the same time.
- Wear and tear of consumables like tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time, in which case the liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement.
05 January 2018
02 January 2018
Frequently asked questions about Two Wheeler Insurance
IDV or Insured Declared Value is the market value of the two-wheeler at the time of purchase of the policy, based on which the sum insured is decided against theft or accidental damages.
It is very easy to renew your bike insurance online. Visit the website of the insurer, enter your previous policy details and get yourself a new policy within minutes without any hassles.
No Claim Bonus or NCB is the reward a two wheeler policyholder gets during the renewal of policy in the form of a premium discount. This bonus can only be availed if no claim was made in the previous policy period.
You can make a claim against your bike insurance policy in three steps:
- Register your claim
- Send your vehicle for repair, in case of an accident or theft
- Submit your documents for verification and get your claim settled
- Longer coverage period and renewal only once in every two or three years, depending on the policy period you’ve opted for
- Helps you avoid third party premium rate hikes and increase in service taxes that occur almost every year, making sure that you don’t face an increase in expenditure during the policy period
- In case of a claim during your policy period, the No Claim Bonus (NCB) reduces but does not become nil, unlike in the case of a regular two wheeler annual policy
- Proportional refund provision even after a claim during the policy period
Buying a two-wheeler or bike insurance online is an easy procedure. One can simply visit the insurance company’s website, go to the buying process, fill all the necessary details, choose the policy period – two or three years and then proceed to buy. The payment for the policy can be made using a credit card, debit card, net-banking or digital wallet.
Another way of buying two wheeler insurance is to directly call the customer care of the insurance company and provide all the necessary details over the phone, against which the policy will be issued.
You can renew your two wheeler Insurance policy online or offline – whichever is convenient for you. All you need is your previous Insurance copy and registration certificate and you are good to go.
As soon as the payment is verified and the policy is issued, you will get an email from us with your two wheeler insurance policy copy. You can also search for the policy document with the issuance number on our website’s customer portal or access your account on our Mobile App – Insurance Wallet to get it directly on your phone. You can also use our #TweetInsurance service, available on Twitter, to get updates about your policy and to download a copy. Visit the #TweetInsurance page for more details.
Please note that the hard copy of your policy will be sent to your home address via courier and can take upto 7-10 days to reach you.
If you are selling off or giving away your Bike, it makes sense to transfer the ownership of yourtwo wheeler Insurance policy as well.This is possible with Bajaj Allianz’s Insurance Policy. You simply have to hand over all the related documents to the new owner and inform the Insurance company and RTO about the same. Do note that the NCB accumulated by you during your ownership of the vehicle will not be transferred to the new owner.
If your Two Wheeler Insurance policy expires, it affects you in several ways, some of which are:
- Your NCB gets affected negatively
- You get exposed to the risks of third party liability
- Increased cost of repairs of your two wheeler